Re: octave in auctex latex emacs

From: Markus Feldmann
Subject: Re: octave in auctex latex emacs
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:45:23 +0200

Thomas Weber schrieb:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 05:40:50PM +0200, Markus Feldmann wrote:
Hi All,

i am writing my diploma. Therefore i am in need of
some examples with octave and gnuplot. It would be nice
if there is a possibility to insert the octave commands
directly into my diploma report, so that the plots
will be updated every time i change some variables.

Or maybe i can make it non-updateable with some latex parameters.
:-)

Is this possible ?

I would go the other way round:

1) Write your .m files which save the pictures into well-defined files.
2) Include these .m files into LaTeX (there are some syntax highlighter
for LaTeX available).

3) Create your .dvi or .pdf files via a Makefile that first calls the .m
files via Octave and LaTeX afterwards.

I don't think you want to re-create your figures every time you run
LaTeX.

        Thomas
Is there a octave or programming code highligthing in latex ?