Re: Plotting

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Plotting
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:28:56 -0500

On 13-Apr-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Apr 13, 2009, at 5:54 AM, asha g wrote:
|
| > I am trying to plot two plots on the same plot :;
| > hold on
| > deltaT = 0.0035; niter = 10000;
| > t = linspace ( 0,deltaT*niter, niter)
| > vv1 = vvvv(:,1);
| > vvN = vvvv(:,N);
| >
| > plot(t,vv1,'r*')
| > plot(t,vvN,'b')
| >
| > hold off
| >
| > I am only getting one plot in blue but the legend says vv1.
| >
| > I am using octave 3.03 in a Centos environment.
| >
| > Both vv1 and vvN are generating values that are different and should
| > thus plot. Could someone help me.
| > Thanks
| > Asha
|
| There is a but in your version of octave. Try this ...
|
| > plot(t,vv1,'r*')
| > hold on
| > plot(t,vvN,'b')
| > hold off

It should also work if the order is

  hold on
  x = -10:0.01:10;
  plot (x, sin (x));
  plot (x, cos (x));
  hold off

If that's not working properly, then there is a bug, but I don't know
what would be cuasing it.  It works properly for me with
Octave 3.0.4, 3.1.54, and the current development sources.  Does my
simple example above that plots sine and cosine waves work for you?

jwe