How to get LSODE not to display ISTATE

From: Samuel H. Dupree, Jr.
Subject: How to get LSODE not to display ISTATE
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:22:24 -0400

I'm running Octave version 3.0.3 on a Mac G4 PowerPC under Mac OS 10.4.11.

I'm writing an application in Octave to numerically integrate the orbits of the planets of the solar system, the moon's orbit, the moon's orientation (its Euler angles), and the sun's orbit about the solar system barycenter; a total of 72 first order differential equations. In using LSODE to solve the differential equations, it appears that the value of ISTATE for each equation is output to stdout.

My question is, how can I turn this display output off? I didn't see any discussion concerning the display of ISTATE by LSODE in reviewing the documentation (both the web version of the manual and the version 3 hardcopy).

Any ideas?

Sam Dupree.