Re: Latex Fonts and Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Latex Fonts and Octave
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:41:18 -0400

On 26-Mar-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Regarding the pdf requirement, do you imply that your publisher is using
pdflatex, or that he requires the manuscript to be submitted as a pdf document?

| If you need a figure compatible with pdflatex, the only solution I can think
of is a little *hack*.

| octave:1> plot (1:10)
| octave:2> drawnow ("latex", "test.tex")
|
| Be aware, due to limitations of the latex terminal, gnuplot might complain.
The resulting file "test.tex" is a LaTeX picture.

What about using something like

  print -dpslatex test.tex

?  Oh, I see that the PS and LaTeX parts are combined in a single
file, so you can't convert the PS part to a PDF file.  Hmm, we should
probably fix that.

jwe