Re: calculate SNR and watch a binary file

From: Markus Feldmann
Subject: Re: calculate SNR and watch a binary file
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:18:34 +0100

Rob Mahurin schrieb:

These files came from some analog-to-digital converter? If you look at them with hexdump, there is stuff that looks like data only in the first 200 bytes or so. The rest of the file looks likes zeros and the occasional 0x80bf. I wouldn't expect the data read from these files to have a meaningful Fourier transform.

Cheers,
Rob

The data can be watched with my method, but not be plotted.
I do not know how to collect the complex values and bits ?

Ok, here is a clipping from the data at the beginning:
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
      -1 +     0i
       0 -     1i
     -13 +     2i
      65 -    32i
    -183 +    98i
     412 -   233i
    -831 +   478i
    1572 -   918i
   -3050 +  1745i
    8314 -  4139i
  -12548 -  5491i
    3899 + 10329i
    3523 -  2748i
   -1791 +  1379i
     951 -   738i
    -484 +   378i
     219 -   176i
     -84 +    69i
      19 -    20i
       0 +     0i
       0 -     1i
       0 +     0i
       0 -     1i
       0 +     0i
       0 -     1i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 +     0i
       0 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 +     0i
       0 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 -     1i
       0 +     0i
      -1 +     0i
       0 -     1i
      -1 +     0i

How can i collect bits from the I or Q Signal ?
And i do not know whether these are 16 bit samples
or 32 bit ?
And i do not know where is the beginning of the
samples ?
Maybe the curious values at the beginning is the
start point ?

Regards Markus