Re: Octave and multicore processors

From: Marcin Sleczka
Subject: Re: Octave and multicore processors
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> I'm curious: what makes you expect Octave should use two cores?

I thought that Octave will try to do this calculation as fast as he can. So
he should use all processors (cores), but he uses only one. Is this normal
that if I've got Mac Pro with 2 processors and 8 cores Octave will use only
one? My caculations will take an hour instead 10 minutes (7 cores are on
holiday? :-) Can I force them to work?