Octave 3.0.3 with Dynare 4.0.2 and Windows Vista

From: Shawn Leu
Subject: Octave 3.0.3 with Dynare 4.0.2 and Windows Vista
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:10:58 +1100

Dear Users,

I am new to the Octave community.

I am using Octave 3.0.3 with Dynare 4.0.2 and the environment is Windows Vista.

With Windows XP, the file .octaverc that contains the following commands:

pkg rebuild –noauto ftp ann database

addpath c:\dynare\4.0.2\matlab

mark_as_command dynare

can be stored under c:\Document and Settings\USERNAME\

However, I am not really sure where this file should go if one uses Vista as the c:\ drive configuration is different.

I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Many thanks in advance.

Shawn

Shawn Leu

School of Economics and Finance