Re: "Missing" Functions?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: "Missing" Functions?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:04:19 -0400

On Mar 24, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Brendan Donohue wrote:

Octave Help,

I have recently downloaded the latest version of Octave on to my Macbook running OSX. I have been exploring the software a bit and while looking at several things in the online documentation I noticed that several functions appear not have been included in the installation. For example when I type "help cubic," or "help linear" it says that these are not found. I am wondering if there are a whole bunch of functions which I need to download separately from the basic installation - any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brendan Donohue

There are many functions available by installing packages from Octave- Forge.

        http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.html

However, I am not aware of any Octave or Matlab functions named "linear" or "cubic".

Are you looking for linear interpolation methods?

If so try "help interp1"

Ben