MPI and Octave? Parallel Octave?

From: Ian Langmore
Subject: MPI and Octave? Parallel Octave?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:02:24 -0400

Looking at this website
http://www.aoki.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/octave/index.html
it appears that "Parallel Octave" hasn't been updated since 2003. Is this the case? What sort of shape is it in? I have access to a 1500 core SiCortex machine (MIPS architecture) and also have a good deal of matlab code written--not to mention experience with matlab but not with C/C++. As matlab will not work with anything other than X86 architectures, I'm looking for another solution. Any ideas? Also, has anyone built octave for this type of machine?

As a side note, I'm considering investing time in SciPy along with MPI
http://mpi4py.scipy.org/
their website has been disabled for a bit--so I'm not sure if it is worth my time. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ian