semipolar plot similar to bgraph -polar

From: Per Haugaard
Subject: semipolar plot similar to bgraph -polar
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:56:32 +0000 (GMT)

Dear users,

Let me stress that I am a newbe to octave. My approach to learn octave is learning by doing with actual tasks.

I would like to make a semipolar plot like the one 'bgraph -polar' makes. I have a file with Y and X coordinates where the Y coordinates are angles between -90 and 90 degrees and the X values between 0 and 3000 (no plot for negative x-values).

Here is my appraoch:

load file
y=file(1:179,1)
x=file(1:179,2)
polar or plot(y,x)

How do I make the y-axis polar and the x-axis nonpolar. I hope you can follow my thoughts.

Any help is appreciated :)

/Per

Per Haugaard,
Griffenfeldsgade 33, 2.tv
2200 København N
Denmark

mobil: +45 26 39 06 40
E-mail: address@hidden

Skal du købe ny bil? Sammenlign priser på brugte biler med Kelkoo og find et godt tilbud!