Re: Octave not finding updated edited files

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave not finding updated edited files
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:36:50 +0800

On Mar 18, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Jim Maas wrote:

function dqadt = mmjam(t,y)
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------
% Specify the ODE (dynamic Michaelis-Menten expression)
% file mmjam.m called from mmjam0.m
% Dr. Jim Maas
% 18/03/09
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------
% Get rate constants from outside this function
    global vmax km size qin
% Work in a more comprehensible set of variables
    qa  = y;
% Subsidiary equations--------------------------------------------------
    ca = qa / size;
    qaout = vmax / ( 1 + ( km / ca));
%      dqadt(1) = qin - qaout; % dqa/dt
    dqadt = qin - qaout; % dqa/dt

Jim, I don't see where the input "t" is being used.

It that an error, or intentional?

In any event, you should be able to skip creating of function file for mmjam entirely, by defining the function as ...

        dqadt = @(t,y) [qin - vmax/(1+km/(y/sz))]

You can do that in mmjam0.m. This also allows you to delete the "global" variables. I've attached a modification of your example that works for me (I'm running Octave 3.0.3).

Ben