Boundaries for variables in ga function

From: George Kousiouris
Subject: Boundaries for variables in ga function
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:22:32 +0200

Hi all,

I have been using Matlab Genetic Algorithm toolbox up to now, and would like to convert a script to octave. In matlab during the call to the ga function, boundaries can be specified for the values of the variables passed.I have searched for this ability in octave but was not able to find something. The syntax I have found includes only number of variables, the function to be optimized and options for the ga (mutation etc. parameters). Is there any other syntax?

I guess one way to override it if boundaries are not feasible is to take the values produced for these variables (seems that they have values between 0 and 1), multiply them and then take the modulo of the wanted boundary.

George Kousiouris