Re: bfgsmin

From: Bertrand Roessli
Subject: Re: bfgsmin
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:12:48 +0100

Hello,

I compiled everything (mkoctifle) from the SVN repository but it is not
better. The bfgsmin_example.m works perfectly, but my function not.

The funny thing is that bfgsmin makes a few cycles, chi2 is not modified
as the parameters are not varied and then crashes as soon as there is a
change in the parameters.

octave:1> leasqrexamp
chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11
    1

chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11
    1

chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11.0000
    1.0000

chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11.0000
    1.0000

chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11.0000
    1.0000

chisq =  1.8953
p =

   11.00000
    0.99999

error: __bfgsmin_gradient: gradient contains NaNs or Inf
error: feval: function `chi2' not found
error: octave_base_value::double_value (): wrong type argument `<unknown
type>'
warning: __bfgsmin_obj: objective function could not be evaluated -
setting to DBL_MAX
error: feval: function `chi2' not found

Thanks,

Bertrand