Windows image_viewer not changing image display app

From: michael714
Subject: Windows image_viewer not changing image display app
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I am using Octave 3.0.3 with Windows Vista.  I can read in JPG's using
imread, but I want to display using ImageMagick's display or imdisplay.
Unfortunately, when I try to use image_viewer to change the display app
[image_viewer("imdisplay %s")], and then try to display the image [using
image(I)], I get error messages that look like Octave is still trying to use
Gnuplot.  From the "MS-DOS" command line, I can run imdisplay without even
typing the path, so I know that it must be in the system path.

I've tried looking at the image.m and the image_viewer.m files, but I don't
see anything obvious in those files to change.  The Octave manual and Octave
Forge function reference both make it seem like using image_viewer is a no
brainer.  So, I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble.  Any thoughts
would be appreciated.