Re: Get pointer to data in Matrix classes [possible solution]

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Get pointer to data in Matrix classes [possible solution]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:24:14 +0100

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, José Luis García Pallero
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your answer. Sorry, I didn't know the fortran_vec() method. It
> not appears in liboctave.pdf.

The liboctave reference is far from complete and also somewhat
outdated, because liboctave is changing constantly.
Help would be appreciated.

> I don't understand exactly your words in "This
> will also correctly make a copy of the matrix if it is aliased". What is the
> meaning? Make a copy of the matrix or gets the pointer?

The Matrix class may share all or part of its data with another Matrix
(or NDArray or ColumnVector etc). When you want to write to the
Matrix, you first need to ensure this is not true, making copy if
needed.