Re: Reading files in Octave

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: Reading files in Octave
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 11-Mar-2009, Jos? Luis Garc?a Pallero wrote:

| Or you can use the function load():
|
| Cl=load('foo.dat');
| Sl = Cl(:,4);
| Cl = Cl(:,3);

Yes, if the intput file has the same number of columns on each row.
But what appeared in my mailer looked like it was 3 values on a row
followed by 1 value, and then repeating, so I used fscanf.  But maybe
that was not the actual format of the file.

jwe

In my mailer it is a row with two integers followed by the two
function values in a column.

2   0
0.202150907893000000e-03
0.000000000000000000e+00