Problem with Integration-1.0.6 package

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Problem with Integration-1.0.6 package
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 02:35:16 -0500

On  5-Mar-2009, Marcin Sleczka wrote:

| I've got a strange problem. I've installed an extra package
| integration-1.0.6. I've got it on the package list and it loads
| automatically.
| I create a .m file which contain such a code:
|
| function y=test
| y=quad2dg('exy', 0, 1, 0, 1);
| endfunction;
|
| function v=exy(x,y)
| v=x.^2.+y.^3;
| endfunction;
|
| Then I call it from octave. I obtain some errors, but I don't know why:
| warning: meshdom is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of
| Octave; please use meshgrid instead
| error: feval: the symbol `exy' is not valid as a function
| error: evaluating assignment expression near line 60, column 4
| error: called from `gquad2d' in file

`/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/packages/integration-1.0.6/gquad2d.m'
| error: evaluating assignment expression near line 32, column 8
| error: called from `quad2dg' in file

`/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/packages/integration-1.0.6/quad2dg.m'
| error: evaluating assignment expression near line 2, column 2
| error: called from `test' in file
| `/Users/macin/Documents/Doktorat/Programowanie/Octave/funkcje/moje/test.m'
|

| When I paste this code directly into octave everything is fine and I obtain
| the expected result:
| ans =  0.58333

If a .m file begins with a "function" keyword, then it can only define
one function.  Put each of your functions in separate files.

jwe