Re: sqp function- problem running the example

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: sqp function- problem running the example
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:04:05 +0100

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:40 PM, oliva maria <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i´m trying to use the sqp function, I try to run the example on he manual,
> but the most of times it stops at the first iteration, and sometime at the
> second or the third one. I have no idea about it, could someone help me,
> please?
>
> thanks,
> Maria

Hi

I think this is a bug that has been discussed previously in mailing
list [1]. It is fixed in development sources (and should be also in
upcoming 3.0.4 release). To fix the bug "manually", it should be
possible to download new version of __qp__.cc (quadratic programming
function which is used in sqp computations and where the bug was
fixed) and recompile it with mkoctfile, some instructions for this
(for Windows version specifically, but probably should work also
elsewhere) are at the end of mentioned thread (page 3).

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Does-sqp-example-work---td14753550.html

Regards
Ivan Sutoris