embedding octave twice causes warning: duplicate binary operator

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Subject: embedding octave twice causes warning: duplicate binary operator
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:35:36 +0100

Dear all,

I've embedded octave following the embed example on the wiki (that
successfully resulted in a run octave code from R or python and vice
versa).

Running the code

octave_main(argc,argv,1);
<code>
do_octave_atexit();

multiple times gives me many warnings like

warning: duplicate binary operator `>' for types `uint32 scalar' and `uint32
scalar'
warning: duplicate binary operator `!=' for types `uint32 scalar' and `uint32
scalar'
warning: duplicate binary operator `<' for types `uint32 scalar' and `uint32
scalar'
warning: duplicate binary operator `<=' for types `uint32 scalar' and `uint32
scalar'

So I am now wondering how to properly cleanup octave such that they
don't occur.

Ahh and how would it be possible to muten octave when it is running
embedded (not print the copyright notice all the time?)

Thanks,
Soeren