Changing terminal for gnuplot

From: Alex Roper
Subject: Changing terminal for gnuplot
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:01:15 -0800

Hi,

How can I control where octave plots things? In particular, I am writing a script and don't want it trying to pop up windows all over the place and freaking out when it discovers X isn't installed. I used to be able to "set terminal dumb" or something like that, but I see this has been removed for matlab compatibility in recent versions.

However, when matlab is run without X, it just works.

Sorry for asking something so simple, but I can't find it anywehre in the docs and google is still telling me to "set terminal dumb".

Alex