patch function with fltk in 3.1.52+

From: martin_helm
Subject: patch function with fltk in 3.1.52+
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:05:10 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

while trying the patch function (as a substitute for trisurf) with the
recent development sources and backend fltk, I noticed a problem with the
color settings, the following does what I expect

octave:1> backend("fltk")
octave:2> T = [1 2 3];
octave:3> p = [0 0 0; 0 1 0; 1 1 1];
octave:4> patch ('Faces', T, 'Vertices', p, "r")

I see a red triangle with black borders.
If I pass an rgb (e. g. [0.5 0.5 0.5] ) vector as the help patch suggests
the triangle does not change color (independent of the values).
Using

shading flat

to avoid the black borders it leads to a completely black triangle.
If I call then again

patch ('Faces', T, 'Vertices', p, "r")

the colors of border and area are reverted (that means a black triangle with
a red border instead of a red triangle with a black border as before).

Is there something which I missunderstand or is it simply something which is
not yet implemented?

I am running linux 2.6.27.7-9-default 64 bit on AMD Athlon Dualcore 2 GHz.

I checked the same with a 3.0.3 version and jhandles 0.3.4 where I can
assign different colors to the facets (on WinXP). but shading flat does also
not work ( here it throws an exception and does not affect the graphics at
all).

- mh