Re: "clear mex" in octave?

From: Joris Mooij
Subject: Re: "clear mex" in octave?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:53:52 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 07:34:32AM -0500, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Joris Mooij wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> does anybody know why octave does not automatically reload a mex file
>> when I recompile it (using "mkoctfile --mex filename.cpp")? The only
>> way I get octave to use the new .mex file is to restart octave, which
>> is not very practical (in matlab, MEX files are reloaded
>> automatically).
>> Even "clear mex" or "clear all" would not reload the mex files in
>> octave.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Joris
>
> Are you saying that when running Matlab, "clear mex" actually reloads
> mex files?
>
> Are you sure?
>
> Ben

Actually I have never tried "clear mex" in Matlab, because Matlab
automatically reloads mex files when they are recompiled... at
least when the Matlab command prompt is shown.

So I am not sure whether "clear mex" actually reloads mex files in
Matlab. However, according to the Matlab documentation for 7.0.1
(R14SP1) [1], it should.

My actual question is about how to reload mex files in octave after
they have changed on disk.

Joris

[1]
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/f11-998197.html