Re: Multiply diagonal matrix and full matrix

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Multiply diagonal matrix and full matrix
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:36:15 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:23 PM, José Luis García Pallero
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Exist any trick in GNU Octave for multiply two matrices, one diagonal and
> other full, without the use of command diag() nor for loop?

Octave 3.0 has "dmult" which essentially does something like repmat
(A(:), 1, columns (B)) .* B.

In Octave 3.2, there will be no need for such tricks, because diag(A)
* B will be the most efficient as well as the most readable syntax
(even more efficient than the above), so dmult is deprecated (by a
funny coincidence I deprecated it a couple of minutes ago).

3.2 will be out soon so unless you expect to be stuck with an older
series, I suggest you just use diag () *,
and you'll soon get your code boosted ;)

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert