Re: 3D animation

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3D animation
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:54:54 -0600

2009/2/18 Bart Vandewoestyne <address@hidden>:
> I have a function F(x,y,t) of space (x,y) and time (t) and I
> would like to create an animation of it that I can run in Octave.

This is something I often want to do too, but currently Octave doesn't
make it too easy to do so.

What I currently do is print (type "help print") each frame, and later
stitch them together in post-processing with ffmpeg or mplayer into a
veritable movie:

     http://platinum.linux.pl/~jordi/movies/nonradial.ogg

It might be worthwhile to formalise this process more by implementing
Matlab's movie functions in Octave-Forge. I could have a stab at it,
and if someone is interested in this functionality then I feel more
motivated to do it.

- Jordi G. H.