newbie: reading a matrix from a file

From: Madhuri Sethi
Subject: newbie: reading a matrix from a file
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:23:42 -0800

I’m trying to read a matrix from a file using the command:

“load temp.mat”

The file header for temp.mat was copied from a saved matrix file:

# Created by Octave 3.0.0, Thu Feb 12 17:57:43 2009 Pacific Standard Time <address@hidden>

# name: csr0164

# type: matrix

# rows: 10000

# columns: 3

If I only have 9999 rows, the matrix gets read in properly. With 10 000 rows, I get the following error:

error: load: failed to load matrix constant

error: load: trouble reading ascii file `temp.mat'

error: load: reading file temp.mat

The matrices I need to load have closer to 400 000 rows.

Thanks for any suggestion as to how to load such matrices