Re: Ode45 help

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: Ode45 help
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:45:21 -0600

Drop the .m in the function handle @gene.m

Brandon Pye wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm in a class where I need to use ode45. I keep getting an error syntax when I copy the code from matlab to octave. The function that contains the differential equations gets its values from a structure defined in the master .m file. In matlab, when I call ode45 the code looks like:

[t,y] = ode45(@gene.m, [0 10], y0, [], info);

Where the closed brackets are skipping the tolerance and 'info' is the structure I need so that the function 'gene.m' can get the values necessary for the differential equations. When I run that code in octave, it can't find the values in the structure. Can anyone tell me where I can put the structure in the code when I call ode45 in octave? Also, I have matlab for windows. Should I just try to run it with wine?

Thanks,

Brandon