Re: axis scaling in surf(x,y,z)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: axis scaling in surf(x,y,z)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:03:54 -0500

On Feb 12, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Bobatapl wrote:

I would like to be able to independently scale the 3 axes in surf(x,y,z). It looks like what I need is 'dataaspectratio', which only seems to work for 2D not 3D plots. Is there a way to scale the axes, that I am missing, or a work
around?

I am using octave-3.0.2-1.1 with gnuplot-4.2.0-72.1 on 64bit SUSE Linux
10.2.

Bob

Bob,

I think I understand what you're looking for. Can you confirm that "daspect" would do what you want?

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/daspect.html&http://www.google.com/search ?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=daspect&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

In the meantime, does xlim(), ylim(), zlim() not provide the functionality you're looking for?

Ben