Re: Octave on Windiws mobile

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave on Windiws mobile
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:34:17 +0100

Przemek Klosowski wrote:
Derik Cloete wrote:

> I am a second year engineering student and we are learning to use > Octave at the moment. I also own a HTC (Hermes 200) Windows mobile > enabled Pocket PC and I was wondering if there is any sort of support > for Windows Mobile devices to run Octave. This would Really help me
and David Bateman responded:

I don't think anyone has even tried to compile Octave for Windows mobile. Might be an interesting experiment, but ultimately a bit futile given the memory limitations of such a platform

I think the Samsung ARM CPU that this thing has lacks floating point
hardware, so all calculations would be in software-emulated FP -> slow.
Still, getting a running Octave on Derik's phone would give him a major
bragging ticket.