Re: int64NDArray.cc cannot be complied on gcc-3.45 mingw for octave-3.1.

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: int64NDArray.cc cannot be complied on gcc-3.45 mingw for octave-3.1.52
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:49:18 +0900 (JST)

Hello

In mingw official site, gcc-3.4.5 is still official and gcc-4.3.0 is technology
candidate release.
  Benjamin's used GCC-4.3.0 TDM release. The TDM releases are not official but
widely used for mingw
build.  Benjamin does not use the simple procedure:
./configure
make
make check
make install-strip

This is because he would like to use libstdc++.dll.  I have tried to build
octave by gcc-4.3.0-TDM by
the simple procedure indicated the above but not been successful yet.
For octave-3.1.51, I have tried to build the binaries by gcc-3.4.5 and it was
successful.
So I have tried by gcc-3.4.5 as a trial.
Anyway the gcc-3 is certainly out of date, I also think.

Benjamin and Michael are now discussing about gcc-4 mingw build of octave.

Perhaps my role is as a building tester octave for windows is to be finished.
I will move to my role
to maintain OctaveForgeWiki, test prebuild binaries of octave for windows and
add  supplementary
explanation like to how to use mkoctfile and pkg install command on windows
platform and so on.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/