Re: please help me plot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: please help me plot
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 07:39:15 -0500

On Feb 6, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:48 AM, David Forel wrote:

Hello - I just installed Cygwin on an XP Home laptop.  Below are the
two Octave commands I entered and the result.

octave:1> x = 1:1:5;
octave:2> plot(x);
octave:3>
gnuplot> set terminal aqua 1 enhanced
                    ^
       line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set
terminal' for a list

"Aqua" is a Mac OSX only terminal type.

Do you have the environment variable "GNUTERM" set to "aqua"?

If I recall correctly, it should either not be set or set to "windows".

Ben

I just noticed Ivan's response ... my recollections was incorrect.

Ben