Re: fatal error C1083

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: fatal error C1083
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:11:57 +0000

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Allahyari Rahim <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed octave 3.0.3. with Windows XP  as the operating system.
>
> I try to compile hello.cc. but it does not find header file limit.h.
>

> octave-3.0.3.exe:13>
>
> C:\Programme\Octave\include\stdint.h(43) : fatal error C1083: file
>  (Include) can not open: "limits.h": No such file or directory.
>
> can anyone help me.

I guess you have Visual Studio 2008 installed, right?
Then you need to setup your system such that MS compiler can find the
standard include files and libraries out of the box. This is done through the
environment variables INCLUDE and LIB. You have 2 possibilities:
1) define the environment variables at system-level (right-click on
"My Computer",
or "System" or whatever it is called on your system, then use "Properties"), but
you have to know the right values to give to INCLUDE and LIB. You can get them
from the script vcvars32.bat that is installed somewhere in Visual
Studio installation
directory.
2) use the menu entry in Visual Studio start folder, which starts a
pre-configured
command prompt (there's usually such a menu entry), then start octave from that
command prompt.

Michael.