Re: New version...

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: New version...
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:55:34 +0000

The new installer won't uninstall the previous version. So it's better
to uninstall it manually if you don't plan to continue using it. But this
is not mandatory. Both versions should be able to co-exist without
any problems.

Note that both versions are rather different. The 2.1.73 release was
based on cygwin and included a minimal cygwin setup (not sure about
that, but I think this is how it used to be). The new version uses either
Visual C++ or MinGW as compiler

Michael.