Re: leasqr problem

From: Jose Rodriguez
Subject: Re: leasqr problem
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:04:18 +0000

Jose Rodriguez wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Jose Rodriguez
<address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to solve a problem with leasqr, where the observed
value, instead of being a set of points y=f(x), is the result of a
definite integral.

[...]

The number of variables to fit always equals the number of equations I have.

But of course! I was really trying something stupid. It took me all these time to realize that I could just do with fsolve, defining my equations properly and not mixing the integration region with the 'observation', i.e. the result of the integral.

The problem was only in my head. Ah...much better now.

Thanks for the replies.

Jose