RE: Data acquisition?

From: Laurence Lurio
Subject: RE: Data acquisition?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:00:11 -0600

Dear Matthias,

I haven't actually done this in octave, so I am just guessing here.  If you
could write c-code to control your device (or are supplied with a c-library
by your vendor) then perhaps you can try to link this to octave using
mkoctfile. Alternately, if your control software exposes objects then you
might be able to do something similar and communicate with your running
software from octave.  While python would certainly do the trick I can
imagine cases where you might want real time math processing of your data,
which would be much easier through octave.

Larry

Laurence Lurio
Associate Professor
Department of Physics