Re: Data acquisition?

From: Nicolas Pettiaux
Subject: Re: Data acquisition?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:16:06 +0100

While Octave is very good at numerical analysis, it is not a complete
programming language with a large library for example for connexion.

I would suggest that you have a look at python and its libraries as a
way to manage your apparatus.

First http://pyserial.wiki.sourceforge.net/pySerial and then many
others. Python also contains many libraries to manipulate data easily
"à la octave way" (see scipy, numpy and pylab).

Regards,

Nicolas