free Matlab access?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: free Matlab access?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:41:41 +0100

hello,

during creation of my various contributions to improve Octave's
performance, I was often interested in how Octave performs compared to
Matlab. Though I have access to a machine with Matlab at Czech TU,
unfortunately the disk quota prevents me from compiling Octave on that
machine. Also, the Matlab version installed, 2007a is not quite the
most recent (though it's not bad). Technically I'm not a student of
CTU so negotiating a bigger quota is not that easy.
So I was just wondering if someone could easily set up a remote
account for me (or others) with access to Matlab and tools & space to
compile Octave? I think that such usage would even comply with a
research license (though it may not be the kind of research mw likes).

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert