adaptive filter (2nd try)

From: frederic manseau
Subject: adaptive filter (2nd try)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:56:29 +0100

Hello,

I am a researcher in neuroscience working on cortical interneuronal network connectivity and dynamics.

I have electrophysiological recordings of neurons which spike at more or less the same time (with some jitter) over multiple episodes when stimulated repeatedly with the same injected current waveform.

After detection of the spike timing, I can construct Peri-stimulus histogram (PSTH):

I would like to smooth the distribution of these PSTH using an “adaptive filter” (which I think should be centered on each time step and widened to capture something like 5-10 spikes)

Does anyone have any idea of how to do that with Octave ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Frederic Manseau (Ph.D.)

European Brain Research Institute