Appendix E Installing Octave

From: Frigyes Reisch
Subject: Appendix E Installing Octave
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:37:24 +0100

Hello,

In the Manual there is a Chapter called Appendix E Installing Octave, the first line is :"Here is the procedure for installing Octave from scratch on a Unix system". Like most people I have Windows XP Professionel, I am totally new to Octave and I have great difficulties to deal with it. I get the consol version and made all the "1.2 Simple Examples" there. However when I go over to the text version - what I need to work with - in the menu "run" is not enlighten. Where can I find the installing instructions for Windows XP Professionel?

Regards; Frigyes Reisch,  Stockholm, Sweden