Re: indexing expression performance

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: indexing expression performance
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:55:37 -0500

On 16-Jan-2009, Thomas Weber wrote:

| How about a snapshot _now_? I mean, it's a snapshot, it's expected to
| contain bugs.

In that case, then just grab the sources from the Mercurial archive at
arbitrary times.  You can do that on your own.  You don't need to wait
for me.  But I would prefer to make snapshots when I think things are
in a reasonable state so that we are not flooded with a bunch of bug
reports for obvious problems from people who think we are idiots for
making "releases" that contain such stupid bugs.

At the moment, I'm trying to work through the backlog of bug reports
and submitted patches.  Once I've made some more progress on that,
I'll post to the maintainers list about what I think is left for the
3.2 release and then we can start making a series of snapshots leading
up to the release.

jwe