Re: silent_functions no longer a built-in variable

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: silent_functions no longer a built-in variable
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:55:23 +0000

On 12/gen/09, at 13:47, Lidia wrote:

It is very useful to me to print in the terminal the results of my
programs. Now it shows it as a Vi-editor on the terminal and once I
closed the output to do additional things I can't see the results
anymore.

I think that I used silent_functions before to control it, I looked in
the news but I haven't find an answer.

How can I do?

Thank you

Lidia

All global variables for setting Octave options have been changed to functions
so what you could previously achieve by doing

silent_functions = value

you can now get by

silent_functions (value)

where value is 1 if you wish to enable the feature and 0 if you wish to disable it.
HTH,
c.