Re: Strings in Octave and Matlab

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: Strings in Octave and Matlab
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:58:23 +0100

On 07.01.2009, at 16:45, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  7-Jan-2009, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

| I put 'warning on Octave:matlab-incompatible' into my .octaverc file
| so that I'd get a warning if I'd write code that would not work well
| with Matlab. This does the trick, but I also get loads of warnings
| from the m-files that came with Octave (i.e. not from my code). Is
| there a way to make these checks apply only for my code, but not the m-
| files that are part of Octave?

No.  Perhaps someone would like to contribute changes for that?

jwe

I'd be willing to spend some time for this. However, I have absolutely no idea how and where to tackle this. I am 'just' yet another Octave user, i.e. I have no clue about how to modify Octave itself. So, if someone has an idea and would be willing to get me started...

Matthias

--
Matthias Brennwald
Käferholzstrasse 173