Re: catastrophic error - configure octave 3.0.3

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: catastrophic error - configure octave 3.0.3
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:08:40 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, m.vaessen <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: m.vaessen <address@hidden>
> Subject: catastrophic error - configure octave 3.0.3
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 11:36 PM
> Hello,
>
> may I ignore a catastrophic error when configuring Octave
> 3.0.3 ?
>
> I send the part of config.log.
>
> Many thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Best regards
>    Marga Vaeßen

You normally do not have to look into 'config.log' file.

Make sure 'configure' screen output has no errors.

If does have errors, only then looking into 'config.log' makes sense - it
helps to understand what exactly went wrong.

Your "catastrophic error" is not an error - 'configure' tried to check
something minix-specific, but you are not on minix, so the failure is
legitimate, 'configure' after that knows you're not on minix.

--Sergei.