Re: [Fwd: compare the executive speed with Matlab]

From: Howard
Subject: Re: [Fwd: compare the executive speed with Matlab]
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 21:34:33 +0000

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your time.

For testing non-loop code, I created a simple code with repeating 1000
'a=1', as you can see from the attached file. However, I still got the
result as below:

Octave on Windows
Elapsed time is 0.005150 seconds.

Matlab on Windows
Elapsed time is 0.000011 seconds.

Octave on Ubuntu Linux
Elapsed time is 0.004730 seconds.

The reason I raised this issue because I will check any problem with the
installation or configuration if Octave must be faster than Matlab.

No offence, I'm just wondering the executive time compared with Matlab.
I appreciate the open source software and will keep it.

Best regards,

Howard

於 六,2009-01-03 於 19:36 +0000,Michael Goffioul 提到: