Re: OpenSolaris - update - audio check

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: OpenSolaris - update - audio check
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 21:29:27 -0500

On  5-Dec-2008, Jim Langston wrote:

| Could someone take a look at the dialog I've been having
| with the Sun Developer Forum on underflow, this has to do
| with what is happening with reading audio files and what
| feedback I'm getting back on the forum.
|
| http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10533624
|
| I would appreciate any thoughts on a possible solution

If I understand correctly from that thread you are saying that there
may be a bug in the way Octave's c_file_ptr_buf class is implemented.
It's certainly possible that there is a bug, but I don't know enough
about how these functions are supposed to work.  I admit to simply
copying and modifying some libstdc++ code to create the c_file_ptr_buf
class, so I didn't really understand it fully when I wrote it, but it
seemed to work properly (back in the day, there wasn't exactly much
documentation for the stream library internals...).  I don't object to
changing the c_file_ptr_buf class, but before making changes I'd like
to have some definitive statement about what the proper implementation
is.

jwe