compare the executive speed with Matlab

From: Howard
Subject: compare the executive speed with Matlab
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 18:47:55 +0000

Hi Octave,

I am a new user with Octave 3.0.3. It is very much appreciated of this
good software.

I'm wondering the executive speed compared with Matlab. I found Octave's
executive time is 10 times slower than Matlab on Windows. (I also try
Octave on Linux, but it is still slower than Matlab on Windows) Some
People discussed this issue on a forum. They said it is because Octave
is not good at Loop code. However, even though I run non-loop code on
Octave and Matlab. Octave's executive time is still much slower than
Matlab.

Do you think it is normal that Octave's executive speed slower than
Matlab? or it is my configuration's problem?

Thanks for your time

Best regards,

Howard Su