Re: interactive plotting functionality

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: interactive plotting functionality
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:38:48 +0100

Dan Mennitt schrieb:
Thomas, Sergei, list: yes, the zooming works in gnuplot 4.2.3. This is using the app included with octave 3.0.3 under extras. In octave however, rotation works on 3D plots, but no zooming on either 2D or 3D plots, even though octave calls gnuplot and an X11 window pops up titled 'gnuplot'. Is this the situation common to everyone else? thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

so it seems that a bit of it is working and another portion is not (rotating works, but zooming doesn't, right?). At least you plot into an X11 window as I see above. Well, then I don't know what is going on on your Mac, it depends on which buttons I use with the following command

  octave-3.0.3:1> setenv ('GNUTERM', 'x11')
  octave-3.0.3:2> sombrero (25)

mouse button left: rotate; mouse button middle: zoom; mouse button right: no
action.

The popup of the X11 window titled 'gnuplot' is ok.

  Thomas