Re: Voronoi Diagrams

From: Ryan Matthew Balfanz
Subject: Re: Voronoi Diagrams
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:50:29 -0600

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the reply. He is some more information, hope it helps.

I've not included my own script / data file for this more general
example taken from
http://www.obihiro.ac.jp/~suzukim/masuda/octave/html3/octave_152.html
.
I've only upped the number of random points from 10 to 1000.

=== test_voronoi.m  ===
x = rand (1000, 1);
y = rand (size (x));
h = convhull (x, y);
[vx, vy] = voronoi (x, y);
plot (vx, vy, "-b", x, y, "o", x(h), y(h), "-g")
legend ("", "points", "hull");

=== Output ===
client138-50:Desktop ryan$ octave test_voronoi.m
GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i386-apple-darwin9.5.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

Output completed.  Verifying that all points are below 2.6e-15 of
all facets.  Will make 17000 distance computations.
error: invalid vector index = 963
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 133, column 7
error: evaluating for command near line 132, column 3
error: called from `voronoi' in file
`/opt/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/geometry/voronoi.m'
error: near line 4 of file `test_voronoi.m'

--
Ryan Matthew Balfanz
Graduate Student