Re: Image processing - corrupted display - range problem?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Image processing - corrupted display - range problem?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:47:02 +1100

I have had this problem too, and I was told that it is a bug.  I got round it by scaling all my RGB images by one-third:

c=imread("colour_image.jpg")
imshow(c/3)

-Alasdair

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Alex Bligh <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to do image processing using Octave (Octave.app 3.0.3 installed
> on OS-X precompiled Octave-forge with the image package 1.0.8 also from
> Octave Forge, plus ImageMagick 6.2.8). I am a (very) new user so please
> bear with me if this is a stupid question.

Further this happens with any colour image:

octave-3.0.3:16>
L=imread("/Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/Resources/Themes/Modern.webtheme/Shared/AA041434_a.jpg")
octave-3.0.3:16> imwrite(L,"ll.jpg")
error: transpose not defined for N-d objects
error: evaluating postfix operator `'' near line 273, column 10
error: evaluating assignment _expression_ near line 273, column 8
error: evaluating if command near line 272, column 1
error: called from `imwrite' in file
`/Users/amb/octave/image-1.0.8/imwrite.m'

but works ok with any greyscale image.

--
Alex