Re: call c++ dlls in octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: call c++ dlls in octave
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:52:42 +0000

Octave does not support loadlibrary and related.
To call functions from a DLL, you need to wrap the function
into an oct-file. This is rather easy to do and there exist
some examples in octave source tree (this has been
mentioned before on this mailing list, you might want
to search through previous posts).

To build an oct-file, you obviously need a compiler.
As you're probably using the precompiled version
from octave-forge, you'll need the Visual C++ 2008
compiler (available free of charge from MS web site).
Tatsuro has made a nice page will all information needed
to compile oct-file under Windows (Tatsuro, can you post
the link?).

Michael.