Re: compile error please help more help

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: compile error please help more help
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:40:51 -0500

Doug Stewart wrote:
Thomas Weber wrote:
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 03:37:40PM -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
2) What does
ldd src/regexp.oct | grep -i pcre
(run from the shell) return ?

c.

I downloaded and ./configure and make and make install pcre
Now I am starting over with a fresh install and try.
I will report the result later.
Ouch. PCRE surely comes with your distribution. What's the output of apt-get build-dep octave3.0
?

        Thomas

wow this showed up about 23 files missing.

I will now try again

this time it was great!!!! 1 hr. to do make and make check
thanks to Thomas!!! That really helped.

PASS 5352
FAIL 3

There were 4 expected failures (see fntests.log for details).

I guess one of the failures got fixed :-)
Now I will work on getting gnuplot to work.

octave:1> plot([1 2],[3 4])
Expected X11 driver: /usr/lib/gnuplot/gnuplot_x11
Exec failed: No such file or directory
See 'help x11' for more details
Expected X11 driver: /usr/lib/gnuplot/gnuplot_x11
Exec failed: No such file or directory
See 'help x11' for more details

multiplot> et origin 0, 0
^
line 0: invalid command

octave:2> help x11

help: `x11' not found
Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual. Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.
octave:3>

Doug